Monday, July 29, 2013

Sharing

My daughter is learning what sharing means.  She hasn't quite got the concept yet, but she is trying.

She loves coloring with me.  However, if I have a color she wants, she takes it from me.  If I am coloring where she wants to color, she moves my hand.  The truth of the matter is, I usually don't care what I am coloring or with which colors, but I have to teach her to share and to take turns.  Sometimes I forget to do that.

She discovered a Sesame Street episode that talked about sharing and it was her favorite thing to watch for weeks.  She watched it dozens of times.  After watching the show for a while, she changed her tactics.  Now, instead of just taking the crayon from me, she will look right into my face and say, "share," then take the crayon away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment