Tuesday, June 7, 2016

My Narrative

My last post was almost 2 years ago. My, my, how my life has changed a lot since then.

Once again, I find myself wishing I could find a way to successfully work from home.

Things were going well for us. I was working at a school that I LOVED. I had just given birth to our third child. We got rid of a lot of our debt, leaving just a couple of things to still work on. I was planning fun activities to do with my children this summer. I was thrilled with the opportunity I had before me to finally get my house in order.  I had all these ideas in my head to prepare planning for the next school year - to make next year better than this year.

And then the bubble burst. All the stress lifted from my shoulders by getting rid of all the debt was restored when I got a call from work. They were not going to renew my contract. I was floored. Now what am I going to do? I have 8 weeks until I should be back at work and now I have to spend all that time I was going to devote to my children to now searching for a job. Well, not all of it, but some of it. Time that I was going to dedicate to my children has now been taken away from them.

Now I don't even want to teach anymore. Blame it on the postpartum hormones but I feel so inadequate and I don't feel like trying to convince someone to hire me again.

So my thoughts go back to working from home. What can I do? Can I make enough money from home?

I read a quote someone posted on Facebook about it not being too late to follow your dreams. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a writer. If only I had chosen that career instead. Why did I think I couldn't make it as a writer? I loved creative writing but it got put on the back burner. Why? Now I am out of practice. Even if I did pick up writing again. It won't pay the bills. At least it won't start 8 weeks from now. So what do I do in the meantime? That is the constant question!

No comments:

Post a Comment